- 1 Working Schedule
- 1.1 upto June 17 (Analysis and Design Period)
- 1.2 June 17 - Sep 2 (Development Phase)
- 1.3 Sep 2 - Sep 27 (Final Wrap UP and Cleaning)
upto June 17 (Analysis and Design Period)
- Exploring the code.
- Make a short rough bio about each tool - the way they work.
- Find the Image Processing functionalities used in them. Look at duplication in the functionalities.
- (5-10 tools/day depending on varied length.
- Preparation of rough ideas of each functionalities and the way they will be implemented with additional improvements in usability.
- Discuss with mentor and other developers about the final plan for the design of the library. This includes :
- the possible formats to be supported (In addition to the already started in include/icv.h)
- Addition of Different functionalities and there usability improvements.
- Discussion about common groups identified for different functionalities.
- Learning usage from BRLCAD libraries like common.h libbu libbio
At the end of this period : A finalized plan to proceed for the development of the library.
June 17 - Sep 2 (Development Phase)
June 17 - July 1 [~2 Week]
- Implementation of various Structures of the new library
- Deciding about the functions to be included in different files based on categories.
- Deciding the input parameters and return type of each function.
- Identify error handling in each Function.
- Witting Documentation of all the structures included. PDF+Wiki
- Creating Patches all together.
July 1 - Aug 12 [~6 Week]
- Implementation of image processing functionalities focusing on categories identified during project analysis period.
- Enough Time is allotted to this to follow up the implementation as decided during analysis step.
- Implementation of 3-4 functions a week which includes unit-level testing and code coverage.
- Documentation of the functions including input output arguments/methods etc.
To implement the image processing functionalities common groups have been identified details of which are given at http://brlcad.org/wiki/User:Level_zero/GSOC13/ImplemnetationDetails-1 .Further these groups have varied implementation load, Thus to balance the load for a particular following weekly plan has been chalked in.
- Crop or Rect (GROUP#1)
- Differences and other arithmetic operations (GROUP#2)
- Filters, (GROUP#3)
- Histograms and Equalizations (GROUP#4)
- Stats (GROUP#6)
- Scale or Shrink (GROUP#5)
- Interpolate/Decimate (GROUP#8)
- Thresh (GROUP#7)
- Background and Border (GROUP#9)
- Reserved Week
Aug 12 - Sept 2 [~3 Week]=
- Implimentation of Import/Export Modules.
- Testing these Modules.
- Documentation of these modules
Sep 2 - Sep 27 (Final Wrap UP and Cleaning)
Sep 2 - Sep 9 [~1 Week]
- Code Cleaning
- System Level testing for the library.
- Giving final structure to the documentation.
Sep9 - Sep16 [~1 Week]
- Creating Demos For each functionality and Final cleaning
Sep 16 - Sep 27 [~1 Week]
- Performance Analysis using gprof for different data.
- Final code submission with Google.