Community Bonding Period
- Explored the Qt's documentation for different shortcuts declaration styles.
- Made myself comfortable with Qt Programming[By following tutorials].
- Cleaned the code for an existing PR on Shortcut Configuration
- June 1-June 7:
- Complete GUI Form [continued work from Bonding Period]
- Add the GUI in preferences.
- Made the GUI Functional and interactive
- Added the support for writing the shortcuts to config-file.
- June 8-June 14:
- Code Cleaning
- Add Seach-Box in GUI
- Made search efficient.
- June 15-June 21:
- Add more functionality, like reset to defaults
- Got first feedback
- Worked on feedback changes
- June 22 - June 28:
- Changed existing QShortcuts to QActions
- Minor fixes
- June 29 - July 3:
- Received good feedback from the mentors.
- Removed bugs from the GUI like multiple Shortcut Catcher Dialog boxes while searching.
- Gave special attention towards the undefined behavior due to unassigned pointers, Rule of 0/3/5 inconsistencies.
- July 4 - July 12:
- Started Working on the Number-Scroll via mouse feature.
- Skimmed through the code for the existing Scintilla Editor Code.
- Wrote the code for handling the mouse wheel events.
- Stuck on the abrupt jump of the number on scrolling.
[Bug- when I scroll the wheel one time then the wheel event is triggered twice.]
- July 13- July 19:
- Talked with mentors regarding the bug.
- Fixed the bug by installing event filter on the viewport()
- Added an option to modify the step-size in the Preferences.
- July 20 - July 26:
- Encountered a new bug causing abrupt jump of caret while changing the most significant digit.
- Added an option to choose modifiers in the Preferences.
- Fixed the bugs.
- July 27 - July 31:
- Started working on feedbacks for Number-Scroll PR,
- Made some changes in the Shortcuts-GUI PR for fixing more bugs, which my mentors bring into the attention.
- Aug1 - Aug 9 :
- Fixed anomalous primary shortcut bug.
- Add appropriate access modifiers to the ShortcutConfigurator Class.
- Few more GUI enhancements in Shortcuts-GUI like changing column according to search.
- Started working on Error-Log Feature.
- Added initial GUI for Error-Log in the form of a Dockable Widget in MainWindow.
- Add a new output_handler for Error-Log.
- Aug 10 - Aug 16:
- Continuous Discussion with mentors and community regarding the need to remove old PRINTB() like macro expansion from the source-code, and replace it with a new LOG() statements.
- Added a MessageClass for messages of all types in the application and a new LOG() function.
- Started Replacing the 380+ PRINTB,PRINT,PRINT_DEPRECATION statements with new LOG() statements.
Aug 17 - Aug 23:
- Continued replacing the old statements with a new one. [Took more than expected, because of my mistake and misinterpretation]
- Figured out why, echo tests are failing.
- Worked on the failing tests.
Aug 24 - Present:
- Finished up the work with failing tests,
- Implement Jump to Error Location.