The GLTF plugin converts glTF geometry to BRL-CAD geometry. This is a part of the geometry conversion library, and the accepted file types are .gltf and .glb.
Currently the plugin is capable of:
- creating a hierarchy of the geometry scene
- applying the mesh with its mesh name
- getting object data, like location, shape, and size
- applying translations for each mesh
- The GLTF plugin does not get the materials and textures data applied to the meshes.
- The plugin does not apply animations.
- The plugin does not check to see if the file has interleaved geometry. Therefore, this option would need to get integrated.
- For complicated models, there are some meshes that do not appear due to not getting all of the meshes correct primitive data. A mesh can have multiple primitive data therefore being able to match the mesh with its corresponding primitive data would get the remaining meshes of the model.
- Some files contain mesh data that do not have a mesh name. Currently, it increments the shape number per mesh found. This is incorrect however since all mesh should correspond with their same naming scheme.