Coummunity Bonding Period
- Set up the Development log
- Set up the development environment such as OS.
- Start to look at the different potential libraries code base.
- Discuss with mentors which external library to choose.
- Had four of my wisdom teeth extracted. The progress for the following week may be slow due to teeth extraction.
- Looking at Coin3D/Dime code base, a possible library for DXF import/export.
- It has no external dependency.
- It supports all past and should support future version of DXF format.
- It compiles on Windows, Linux, MacOS, etc.
- But it only loads DXF files into Dime object hierarchies and saves Dime object hierarchies as files conforming to DXF format.
- Looking at BRL-CAD DXF import/export code. Trying to understand how it works and see if it is suitable for OpenSCAD.