Difference between revisions of "User:Xuwei/DevLog2019"
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
Revision as of 03:15, 27 May 2019
Coummunity Bonding Period
- Set up the Development log
- Set up the development environment such as OS.
- Start to look at the different potential libraries code base.
- Discuss with mentors which external library to choose.
- Start to check the checklist.
- Agreement sent.
- Dev log created.
- My Profile created.
- Had four of my wisdom teeth extracted. The progress for the following week may be slow due to teeth extraction.
- Looking at Coin3D/Dime code base, a possible library for DXF import/export.
- It has no external dependency.
- It supports all past and should support the future version of DXF format.
- It compiles on Windows, Linux, MacOS, etc.
- But it only loads DXF files into Dime object hierarchies and saves Dime object hierarchies as files conforming to DXF format.
- Seems only support 3D.
- Looking at BRL-CAD DXF import/export code. Trying to understand how it works and see if it is suitable for OpenSCAD.
- It converts DXF format to .g and .g to DXF which is a BRL-CAD format.
- It seems that BRL-CAD does not support the entire format, only the part that is relative to solid-model.
- Looking at dxflib which is used by QCAD and works fine, but it only supports 2D which is not ideal since OpenSCAD is already supporting 2D.
- Maybe we can add the 3D part. But not sure how hard it is to add that.
- Searching for a library that supports both 3D and 2D DXF import/export.
- Libraries above are for either 2D or 3D.
- Found some libraries support both but they are written in python instead of C++.
- Continue on searching for the potential library.
- Looking at and Compile libdxfrw code base which is used by LibreCAD.
- Will be out of town for the next two days.
- Looking at both libdxfrw(libdxfrw.h, dxfreader.cpp) and OpenSCAD(dxfdata.cc, import.cc) relative code.
- Comparing the different bewteen these two.
- Trying to form a connection between these two.