- 1 Coummunity Bonding Period
- 2 Phase 1
- 3 Phase 2
- 4 Phase 3
Coummunity Bonding Period
- Setup the Development Log
- Explore and analyze different key-value datastores.
- Discuss with Mentors and finalize the perfect datastore.
- Downloaded and installed Hiredis (v0.14.1) on my machine
- hiredis.prf is created for auto-detection of hiredis
- Exploring hiredis and redis
- Created pcache.h which contains the core methods to connect and communicate with the server.
- Written some functionality of the PCache class.
- Testing and resolving different degenerate cases in PCache.
- Added somemore functionality for PCache class.
- Testing of PCache class and added required guards ENABLE_HIREDIS
- Pushed the code into repo and results show a success.
- Understanding the layout of preference dialog.
- Created the required GUI, which takes the IP address and port number and connects to the Redis server.
- Pushed the code to the repo and checks ran successfully.
- Exploring Redis commands
- Added authentication functionality to PCache class
- Added required GUI in preferences to take password.
- Added prepending functions
- Added print function
- Experimented with the referencing style of CGALCache and GeomCache.
- PCSettings class is added
- Added command-line option to decs
- Integrated PCSettings with CLI and GUI version.
- fixed build issue
- Added FindHiredis.cmake and added to CMakeLists.txt
- Fixed few typo errors.
- Testing authentication
- Testing command-line options
- Learning about boost serialization library
- worked on Serialization implementatio outside OpenSCAD
- Created and placed connect and disconnect functionality in Main window and OpenSCAD.
- Created SCADSerializations.h file to store all serialization definitions
- created cache_entry structs in pcache.
- Worked with boost serialization in non-intrusive and split mode.
- checking it's compatibility in OpenSCAD env through small tests outside OpenSCAD.
- Completed writing all serialization definitions
- Completed Insert and get methods for CGAL and Geometry
- Resolved error with header files
- Added Guards around cache_enry serialization definitions
- Made some modifications to the smartCacheInsert method and encountered a critical error.
- Resolved problem related to serializing a pointer to derived class of boost serialization
- Ran 1st test on the complete project, it is partially successful
- Geometries are inserted perfectly into Redis but raised a segmentation fault which to be addressed.
- Geometry cache is inserting into Redis by preview action
- Segmentation fault of yesterday still prevails
- Testing has done in the case of CGAl Cache, CGAL is successfully inserting into Redis while previewing and crashes in case of Render action.
- Found the cause for segfault, in the process to resolve it
- Resolved the segfault by starting the connection on render thread while rendering. no change in the case of the preview.
- worked on crash due to lazy union
- identified the reason behind the crash.
- Analyzed the options for resolving the crash
- After discussing with mentor, we decided to continue working on the reconstruction of object from redis and try to resolve the issue in parallel.
- Resolved segmentation fault related to rendering on a different thread
- Resolved the crash which is happening when previewing the second script
- Resolved the repeating authentication bug
- Adding a new test app to CTest of OpenSCAD
- Completed the python test script and added it to tests/CMakList.txt
- failed to run the test on local machine
- test failed by running on travis and other tools most probably because of lack of hiredis lib
- fixed the problem discussed yesterday, by changing the args in add_cmd_test in tests/cmakelists.txt and changing the export path in python script.
- ran Travis along by starting Redis-server, macOS doesn't offer that service and no huge time difference is observed in the other two builds.
- need to add hiredis dependency to Travis check to complete.
- placed pcachepngtest_CSG into heavy config due to variety of reasons
- discussed with teepee about things that can be done
- started by adding clear Redis cache feature under the same design=>flush caches
- Added a new option for openscad for logging debug messages into an external file
- Added another test for persistent cache which tests the cache hit behavior
- Added debug-output option to openscad
- added testcase using debug-output option
- Added a section in WIP wikibook about persistent cache
- Designed local cache feature set
- Completed writing insert, get, gethash and contains methods.
- Resolved build issues on CI checks
- Resolved issues with lcache and completed setting up it's working in GeometryEvaluator
- Resolved the crash issue which is arising when trying to flush cache.