4 May 2012
- Compiled the brlcad(r50443) on my new setup of Ubuntu 12.04. Installation went on smoothly when librtserver JDK support was disabled.(I was trying various options during compilation.) When turned on, there were the error of it not being able to find jni.h even though the paths were fine. Looking into it at the moment.
- Could not understand why cmake was looking for STDCXX libs.
- Ran the benchmark on the machine and sent the report to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Started looking into the run.sh script to figure out how it really works.
7 May 2012
- Still looking into benchmark script and experimenting with that.
8 May 2012
- Continued experimentation with benchmark script and attempting to create the first patch by fixing the following block in the run.sh script.
# FIXME: should really iterate one file at a time so we don't # just zero-pad at the end perf_VGRREF=`grep RTFM $perf_ref_files | sed -n -e 's/^.*= *//' -e 's/ rays.*//p' | tr '\012' '\011' ` perf_CURVALS=`grep RTFM $perf_cur_files | sed -n -e 's/^.*= *//' -e 's/ rays.*//p' | tr '\012' '\011' `
- Working on a set of questions for design discussions.