Revision as of 08:08, 10 May 2018 by Sharan.nyn (Created page with "=== Development Logs === ==== Community Bonding Period ==== Due to my semester end exams (Apr 26 - May 17), my time spent during community bonding period was less but I sti...")
Community Bonding Period
Due to my semester end exams (Apr 26 - May 17), my time spent during community bonding period was less but I still managed to do the following:
- Week 1
- Prepared a flowchart to understand how the execution of the rtcheck program works : rtcheck_flow
- Was introduced to 'gdb' which helped me a lot to analyze the flow.
- Understood how the front-end portions of rt and back-end portions are connected by linking the view*.c files
- Week 2
- Read the documentation to understand the RTUIF API : https://brlcad.org/wiki/Developing_applications
- Understood the origins of libanalyze functions.
- Discussed some ideas on how to implement the libanalyze function, all were bad ideas because they all involved calling the rtcheck program using execvp() as they usually end with exit().
- Was suggested a basic plan on how to proceed.
- Understood how libanalyze functions were used by an example : libged/voxelize.c and libanalyze/voxels.c
- Week 3
- Complied a version of the rtcheck program by just copying the relevant files to libanalyze/overlaps/.
- Discussed the plan related to rtcheck in detail.
- Understood the concept of using contexts and callback functions.