Difference between revisions of "User:Sadeep/DevLog-2020"
|Line 104:||Line 104:|
Worked on the DM
Worked on the DM
Revision as of 01:17, 14 June 2020
- 04 May 2020
Downloaded Qt, Visual Studio C++, cloned (or whatever it is called in svn) the BRL-CAD source code.
- 05 May 2020
Fixed the errors that came up and built BRL-CAD from source on Windows, VS2019. Several bugs still remain. A debug assertion failure happens in pix-bw.exe. But I guess this won't affect my project in any way. The builds still take a long time. I guess this is because everything is compiled everytime.
- 06 May 2020
I looked at the possibility of using NMake to build BRL-CAD for Windows because it would not take long as building with VS (CMake was lot faster when I was doing in Ubuntu last year). Also I need to configure CLion instead of VS.
CMake generates the NMake project successfully. But NMake does not work well. It gives an error when building TCL and TK projects. I was changing various stuff and tried to see if it succeeds.
- 07 May 2020
Changing CMakeLists files of tcl and tk modules and a change to corecrt_io.h in windows 10 SDK made the errors with NMake disappear. Archer does not work. Debugging Archer displays that it crashes saying tkhtml.dll not found. Also I was trying to find a bug to solve as the patch Sean asked for. Looked at https://sourceforge.net/p/brlcad/bugs/385/. Followed some Qt videos.
- 08 May 2020
I was thinking the only command line way of building using Visual Studio was via NMake. I realized that I can build via the Visual Studio IDE's native way by setting some arguments in CMake. Also realized that the build times were long when building with VS IDE was because I built ALL_BUILD when I should have built only the target I changed. Configured CLion to use VS IDE's tools to build. Everything is working now.
- 09 May 2020
Worked on the patch Sean had asked for. The Create new file in MGED had a bug. It was saving without the .g extension even though .g extension was selected in the Create New dialog box (at least on Windows). I tried to debug this. I realized this was a bug (or a unusual behavior) in Tk framework and cannot be by changing BRL-CAD code.
Then I started to create the feature to open recent files in MGED.
- 10 May 2020
Finished implementing opening recent files for MGED.
The patch can be found here. https://sourceforge.net/p/brlcad/patches/542/
- 11 May 2020
I did not do anything related to the project.
- 12 May 2020
Qt is using qmake to build by default. But can be configured to use CMake too. I encountered several issues when trying to configure building Qt applications with CMake in Windows. I fixed those issues and built a Qt based project with CMake.
- 01 June 2020
Implemented opening a BRLCAD database and saving a BRLCAD database using coreinterface.
Used QGLWidget to display geometry using the display manager I implemented last year. Traversing world with keyboard seems to be broken.
- 02 June 2020
Bug fixes relating to displaying geometry.
Created a class to store and process multiple BRLCAD databases (to support keeping multiple documents opened inside the software)
- 03 June 2020
Implemented fetching objects list from a database using BRLCAD::ConstDatabase::TopObjectIterator. Displayed the list in a QListWidget.
However this does not still display the nested objects. Added keyboard shortcuts for menu item actions.
- 04 June 2020
Disabled AUTOMOC and wrapped manually.
Replaced QGLWidget with QOpenGLWidget for displaying geometry and fixed the bugs that came up.
Readability improvements (Moved .h files to include directory. Made the CMakeList.txt file clear.)
Created the GitHub repository and pushed everything.
- 05 June 2020
Fixed bug OpenGL widget not refreshing after first drawing.
Geometry Operations (Creating sphere)
- 06 June 2020
I was struggling to get elements from the VectorList class. Iterator has a very weird syntax. After hours of googling I could finally print the values from a VectorList. Had to create a separate class just to do the iterating (VectorList::Iterate). I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly. Can't still get the elements to a list without using something like global variables since local variables are not accessible within the class I created for iterating.
- 07-10 June 2020
Started rewriting the display manager since I anyway will need to change it to make compatible with the VectorList.
Created a camera and implemented following functionalities.
Rotating with mouse. Currently configured to rotate by dragging with middle mouse button.
Moving (perpendicular to the camera direction) with mouse. Currently configured to move by dragging with right mouse button
Moving forward /backward (camera looking direction) with mouse wheel.
Implemented making the cursor (mouse) jump to the other edge when it passes the boundary of opengl display while doing the above operations.
Implemented Grid lines.
Keyboard shortcuts for camera.
- 11 June 2020
Implemented the class Document which holds information about a single .g file opened in the editor.
Implemented support for multiple documents. Several .g files can be opened and worked with now.
Struggled to get the elements from VectorList to a list. (later found out that this was not possible and was not the intended use of VectorList)
- 12 June 2020
Worked on the DM
- 13 June 2020
Finished writing DM to coreinterfaces:VectorList.
bug fixes in coreinterface.