User:NyahCheck/Survey of CSG Algorithms
Survey of CSG Algorithms
Name: Nyah Watad Check Email: firstname.lastname@example.org IRC Nick: Ch3ck, Ch3ck_
I am a third year Computer Engineering student of the University of Buea and one of the two first GSoC participants in Francophone Africa; worked with BRL-CAD in GSoC 2013, participated in the Google Doc Camp where I documented the BRL-CAD, OpenMRS and GNome projects. Participated as an X.org Evoc participant with X.org in 2014. I participated in as a Mentor in the 2014 Google Code-In for BRL-CAD.
- X.org Evoc Participant, X.org, July – October 2014
- Added Shatter Support to the X server project using Xephyr.
- Clip Impedance layer to Xephyr and ran unit tests like Xts fixing bugs
- Google Summer of Code Participant, BRL-CAD, April - September 2013
- Implemented a pull routine to reverse the effects of a push on Geometry, **integrating command into MGED interface. (C, XML, 500+ lines of code)
- Tested the polynomial and matrix math routines, improving the speeds of the inverse matrix and matrix determinant routines by over 10%. (C, 300+ lines of code)
- Integrated the xpush routine which pushes objects having more than a single matrix transformation into the push which pushes object matrix transformations to leaf nodes. ( C, 1000 lines of code.)
- Book Sprint Participant, Google Doc Camp, October 2013
- Participated in creating a contributors guide to BRL-CAD which will encourage a greater number of contributors to working on the BRL-CAD project.
- Languages: C(Excellent), Java( Excellent ), C++( Beginner), Bash(Excellent), SQL(Proficient)
- Tools: Secure Shell, subversion, Git, Linux, Netbeans, gdb, valgrind.
Synopsis/ Proejct Summary
This project aims at performing a comparison studies of 2D and 3D CSG algorithms, looking at the efficiency and robustness vis a vis the current implementations in OpenSCAD. Constructive Solid Geometry being one of the primary modeling techniques in the CAD industry is a major part of OpenSCAD. This involves studying the Clipper and CGAL library implementations in OpenSCAD and coming up with improvements on existing implementations.