Difference between revisions of "User:MeShubham99/GSoc15/log development"
|Line 222:||Line 222:|
Revision as of 05:18, 4 July 2015
Here goes my development logs and personal notes
- Playing around with meteor framework
- Getting to know how models are being viewed
- Updated the production ready plan
- Talking to Deepak, discussing about work flow
- Finding resources that would help me develop back-end and go through my milestones
- Explored three.js. Made a few alterations to the code, and saw the effects on the view. I am particularly
unhappy the way the models are being viewed. Lacks clarity, color etc.
- Updated production ready plan after a few words with Sean. Deploying the app as soon as possible
shall be a top priority.
- I think I should shift the login portion to the end (after deployment). Otherwise I'll have to do the settings
- I'll work on the model-viewer page this week. Need to talk to Deepak about the front-end, so that we are
finished with it completely this week.
- Getting random colors on models. Confused :/. How to handle coloring (definite colors on models).
- Smoother mouse rotation of camera [DONE] and Removed grids and axes [looks more classy]
- Had some discussions, I'll get back to login now, from tomorrow then
- made a gmail ID by the name ogv.mailer[at]gmail.com. I'll use this Email ID to configure mailgun,and
hand over the password to the BRL-CAD team.
- Implemented Email Verification of registered user. Forgot Password working fine. Changed Email templates
- omniAuth remains. Basic issue would be to verify 3rd party login. Need for some searching
(nothing impressive seen yet).
- Maybe I know what to do.
May27 - May 29
- I just went to my cousin's place for a hangout.
- Tech-fest in college, loads of meetings.
- Back to OGV from tomorrow
- In my searching for the solution I found a repo that has implemented github login, and is working fine there.
I will be taking some reference from there for sure.
- Made a sample app and added user accounts in it. Added omniAuth successfully in the sample app.
- Still confused. It's the only part left in login. I'll need to ask about it from someone.
- Its early in the morning. And I found the bug, residing in router.js -_-.
- omniAuth will be finished by tonight. I am relaxed.
- Login system of OGV is production ready.
- User will be removed from DB, if he does not verifies his/her email within x hours.
Login Registering and email verification working fine (done via mailgun) Forgot password mails are going as well omniAuth added: google and github (facebook after deployment) User entry from DB will be deleted if email is not verified within x hours
Some points to take note of regarding oAuth: 1. Will require setup of configuration from your side 2. Therefore, you won't be able to test on localhost until and unless you configure googe/facebook/github. 3. I'll do the configurations after deployment 4. The back-end part for omniAuth is complete. (you can ask for a video as well :D)
- Learning three.js online editing model techniques and found this great resource. Want to make something like this for the viewer.
Loads of studying.
- Updated proposal both on melange and brlcad-wiki. Was somewhat pending (now fully complete).
- Added buttons to change view to wireframe, and to add grid/axes to renderer. backend part only. Button GUI is temporary.
- Asked for help regarding model viewing, especially colors in object model.
- Might take some time to respond.
- Implemented feedback system via formspree.io. Unable to add notification for feedback completion.
- Mainly tech fest work
- Added link to edit model in the my-models page
- tried adding the delete button for a model. I think code is right, why is it not working is the issue. confused :/
- Studying code base, g-obj conversion and other technical stuff
- Read. Read. Read. The resources provided by Inder and other resources as well.
- Implemented deleting model. Unable to delete thumbnail associated with it.
- Completed delete model. Thumbnail not getting deleted.
- Need to understand thumbnail-model architecture.
- More searching about g-obj and mged for capturing color attributes.
- Implemented delete, update info for OGV models. Some finishing required in edit-form required.
- No reply on mailing list regarding colors in models.
- Decided to drop the idea of having a separate modal for editing information. User will land up on the description page
and change things there itself.
- Routing changed. Now user won't be able to tamper or see the edit description page of other user's models.
(let's say by copy pasting the URL). Code is safe from hackers :D :D.
* user's can change view to wire-frame mode. * user's can add axes/grids to model for better idea of directions. ^ Both need some back-end finishing. * user's can provide feedback about the website to a developer, by filling up a form whose details will be forwarded to developer's email. * user's can now delete their uploaded models (also the thumbnails associated with it) * user's can update information about their uploaded models i.e. name, description and thumbnail. * user's cannot see/tamper with information of other user's models. Earlier if you had access to someone's model's description form's link,
that user could create problems (not actually change) in the information of that particular model. New routing set takes care of this, and if the model does not belongs to the logged in user, he is redirected to the upload page,
even if he pastes the link to the description form of other's model.
June 8 - 9
- Sorted things about feedback front-end.
- Working on adding dat.GUI features in model_viewer. Not working due to some reason.
- dat.GUI works now fine in the meteor app. Adding functions related to OBJMaterial. Model Viewer almost complete.
- Completed adding functions in dat.GUI. Might need to add more, but it has what a basic viewer needs.
- Functions consisting of wireframe, wireframe+model, set transparency, opacity, ambient color, shininess etc.
- Unable to customize background color through dat.GUI.
- Nothing much. unwell
- Tried categorizing models into categories.
- Worked fine when one model has only one category, but that should not be it. A model can have more than one category.
- There can be 2 ways of going through the problem. Either make a new collection, or make a field named
"category" in the model document itself, among which the latter looks more promising and efficient.
June 12 - June 13
- Slept a lot
- Some GUI for model_meta form for category checkboxes.
- Added a field for category in modelFiles.
- "categories" is a field in model Files which is an array that stores categories in which the model belongs to.
- The categories that go in the model files is chosen by the user in the model_meta form.
- There are 12 pre-defined categories (check-boxes). The user selects the category to which the model belongs to (can be more than one).
- Merged with edit-info. Need to work on certain validations (another 2 hour job).
June 15 - 16
- Tech festival work. Related to organizing events
- Finished with edit info implementation. Everything works fine now in case of updating
model details: name, description, thumbnail and category.
June 17 - June 18
- Nothing much.
- Looked for ways to tag models. Added and tries using a bootstrap package for the same. Might need some work.
- Waiting to get the previous work merged in the GSOC'15 branch of BRLCAD (both back-end and front-end).
- Searched about followers/following architecture in mongodb. Got a pretty good idea here. For this to work, every user should have a profile page as well.
June 19 -June 20
- Made working profile pages, with routes for users. Basic Info about any user can be seen on the profile page.
- Profile pages accessible at /profile/:_id
- Will surely take time to complete. Should be complete by midterm evaluation.
- Stayed at home
- Stayed at home
- Stayed at home
- Stayed at home
- Added a follow button to profile pages (won't show if you are visiting your profile). Does nothing yet.
- Made a few changes to the previous profile page work.
- Added routes to profile page on model feed. Linking with profile pages of user.
- Appending id to follower/following array in user document successful. Working Following button.
- Feed will show models of users who are being followed by the current user.
- Working un-Follow button added.
- Trying to handle visibility of both buttons under different circumstances.
June 26 (midterm evaluation starts)
- Visibility still problematic.
- number of people following shown on profile.
- Improved front-end of profile page (unresponsive, relative positioning).
- error message on the model of not being converted added in model_meta.js
- Need to handle visibility and update follower list (only following list working).
- Continuing with error message of conversion and follower.following part.
- More Front-end work to profile pages. Not much of a work.
- Proper Indenting and commenting of code.
- Fixing Issues in previous work.
- Visibility of buttons handled
- UNFOLLOW button visible on those user profiles who are being followed.
- FOLLOW button visible on those user profiles who are not being followed.
- no button on user's own profile.
- FOLLOW button changed to UNFOLLOW button after clicking and vice versa
- Tried updating follower array of other user. Unable to do so till now.
- Nothing much just standard bug fixing here and there.
- Newsfeed (homepage) viewing:
- User's see their own models
- User's see the models of the people whom they follow
- User's see the models who have likes greater than a specific number. popular models.
- added the field countLovers to the Lovers collection to keep account of number of likes.
- All above items on the homepage will be sorted reversed chronologically (the model uploaded last, will be shown first).
- Removed smooth mouse movements from model_viewer (earlier added by me). Were very messy and difficult to handle.
- Added profile button on model_viewer/renderer which leads to the owner of the model.
- Added follower array updating functionality (update other user's parameters) but needs to be more secure.
- Added buttons on filemanager page. Added a temporary delete button as well.
- On user initialization/creation of the user, He will be following two users by default, the admin user and himself.
- Dire need to make user update method secure. Trying to do so.
- Display google+ user profile picture if user logged in from google. unable to view on usr settings page.
- limit character length in about section in forms. Show number of characters left as well.
- updated the displaying of number of followers.
- feedback button and page, accessible from anywhere at all times.
July 3 (midterm evaluation ends) Midterm Summary
- Came across html2canvas which can be used to take screenshot and save that as thumbnail for the model.