- Name: Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo
- E-mail/GoogleTalk: manuel.montezelo
- IRC nickname (freenode network): mafm
- SourceForge username: mafm
GSoC (Google Summer of Code) 2008
- Project: OpenGL GUI Framework
- Example for interaction: http://brlcad.org/design/gui/ioe_proto_final.mov
Milestones include (maybe some of them to be added or removed, to be discussed with the mentors and the community in general):
- Get logging working
- Get console working
- Being able to communicate with the back-end
- Displaying geometries
- Displaying various representations (wireframe, polygonal, etc)
- Rotating and positioning
- Input support (trackball, shift-grips)
- Clean cross-platform build system integration
- Misc. preparations: compiling up-to-date BRL-CAD, re-enabling subscriptions to mailing lists, and checking the tools to use (OGRE, RBGui). Not a very productive day, but not so bad to be the 1st day after weeks of overworking and travelling... and at least it's a start!
- Back to Lisbon, at last. Hopefully tomorrow I'll start coding!
- SoC program starts :)
- Due to some personal problems and exam dates (as already noted when submitting the application) I couldn't start coding or submitting patches to get commit access, note sure if I'll be able to start before June 5th or so.