User:Krajkreddy/GSOC14/end term summary
Project (End term) Summary
This project aimed to wrap BRL-CAD's primitives in python. The python-bindings allows for easy and simple access to the BRL-CAD APIs for geometry construction and manipulation. One of the wonderful project which illustrates the power of Python-BRLCAD can be found at https://github.com/ncsaba/returnboard
I started my work with Python-BRLCAD as Google Summer of Code student. To know more about GSoC please visit http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2014
- I have implemented the primitives for python-brlcad.
- Also I have wrapped Open Nurbs library to be used in Python by using pybindgen.
- Binuif is not implemented as a primitive.
- Constraints api is not mature thus not implemented.
- Python-BRLCAD git repository https://github.com/raj12lnm/python-brlcad
- OpenNurbs-Python git repository https://github.com/raj12lnm/OpenNurbs-Python
- Dev Logs are here
- Python-BRLCAD now contains most brlcad primitives. With the availability of OpenNurbs library wrapped in python now we have the resources to even extend the support for brep in python-brlcad.