GSoC 2015 development logs
Community Bonding Period
I have began this period by going through and adhering to the BRL-CAD Summer of Code/Checklist
- Working on replacing the FreeWRL dependency on automake to cmake and generate a shared library from src/lib of the FreeWRL source code.
25 MAY 2015
- Resolving linking issues with shared library generated from src/lib of the FreeWRL source code.
- Resolving FreeWRL X3D parser dependence on libxml(may need to set compilation as optional in order not to break the BRLCAD build process)
26 MAY 2015
- Trying to finalize work on shared library generation from src/lib of the FreeWRL source code.
- Still working on resolving issues with shared library
27 MAY 2015
- Finished generating shared library
- Studying the FreeWRL thread implementation
28 MAY 2015
- Still studying the FreeWRL thread implementation to resolve issues
- Testing functionality of the shared library
- I was not able to do much work today due to lack of electricity through out the day
Time put in 3 hours
29 MAY 2015
- Doing more research on the FreeWRL thread implementation to resolve issues
- Futher testing functionality of the shared library (writing code to parse input file)
- As a GDGBuea organiser, I spend most of the day hosting the Google I/O with other organisers for the GDGBuea community
- I would makeup for lost time today and yesterday by putting in more hours the following days
Time put in 3 hours
30 MAY 2015
- Made progress with debugging and just realised that issues (SIGSEGV) are as a result of improper casting with structures and thus poor memory allocation.
- I spent alot of time today working on the issues but have not yet full resolved it.
Time put in 6 hours
31 MAY 2015
- Resolved issues(SIGSEGV) which were as a result of improper memory access.
- Futher exploited FreeWRL source code to learn more on how to implement the parser
1 JUNE 2015
- Futher exploited FreeWRL source code to learn more on how to implement the parser(need to understand how to retrieve nodes from scene graph)