Community Bonding Period
- Explored various options regarding nodejs and non-node frameworks.
- Learnt basics of development with meteor, using templating engines etc.
- Also looked into alternative framework Expressjs.
- Discussed with mentors about the choice of framework.
- Packaged three.js for meteor.
- Ran a simple OBJLoader example in meteor.
- Worked on Authentication Module in meteor
- Wrote LogIn, Registeration, Forgot Password and Reset password form templates.
- Completed the views and helpers for the templates and Added validations to the forms
- Modified the directory structure and read Hacking file again and made edits to my code accordingly.
- Pushed the code to github https://github.com/inderpreetsingh/OGV-meteor. Forgot-password form is now able to send the mails but stuck at an error regarding Reset-Password template.
- Reset-Password error solved, Authentication is complete now.
- Started looking into file upload. Tried a package called dropzone.js. Published my three.js package https://atmospherejs.com/package/ogv-threejs.
- Worked on File Upload module, tried various file upload packages.
- At last settled for packaged named formidable from npm.
- Having done the first milestone, today I explored other frameworks and read more about the technologies involved. Did some work in expressJS.
- Uptil now, I was dealing with file uploader in a separate app, today I ported file uploader to OGV.
- Now we can upload files in OGV, currently any files can be uploaded but will soon change that so that it only accepts .g files.
- Got three.js working with meteor
- File uploader partially completed
Things yet to do
- Improve UI
- Add routers
- The ported file uploader started facing errors, mostly regarding styles. I was unable to apply global bootstrap. I couldn't work much due to some power issues at my home.
- Today, I improved my earlier file-uploader by removing the dependency from formidable and directly use the 'fs' package.
- As I have time, I am still giving Collection-FS a try, so that I don't miss out on anything useful.
- Read about meteor collections, started working on file manager.
- I was unable to work, due to some urgent work at home. Will make up for it by working more in coming time.
- Completed the new file uploader (except validations), and added it into main code. Looking into rendering part and routers.
- Added Basic router file.
- Each user will now have it's own folder and uploaded files go there.
- Added more comments in the code.
- Implemented the file extension check, now only .obj files can be uploaded (will restrict that to .g files when I deal with g-obj conversion)
- A bit stuck on how to pass errors from server to client via meteor.
- File Uploader
- File Uploader
This week I have my final exam on 3rd June and 5th June, So will be busy a bit there.
- Routers integrated, now we have different URLs for log-in, sign-up etc.
- Solved the problem regarding file uploader errors.
- Worked on adding OBJLoader in OGV.
- added minimal file manager
- added models collection, now each user has list of models in database
- created the universal header as I showed in mockup
- Unable to send verification email at sign-up.
- added lovemeter to each model (dummy yet).
- File Manager completed
- Styling of existing components
- Verification email works fine
- uploaded to http://ogv.meteor.com/
- more improvements
- File Manager
- File Manager
- Solved some deployment problems with ogv.meteor.com
- Forgot Password form stopped working, so corrected it.
- Added preloader
- Tried to deploy on my own server (facing problems)
- moved from meteor-router to iron-router
- Corrected some iron-router problems
- Struggling to get OBJLoader working with meteor
- Tried a lot to get files from private folder to load, but failed.
- Put a mail in meteor mailing list about it.