User:Gurwinder Singh/GSoc15/log development
- 1 Project Details
- 2 Community Bonding Period work
- 3 Coding Period
- 4 Week 1( Export Particle )
- 5 25 May
- 6 26 May
- 7 27 May
- 8 28 May
- 9 29 May
- 10 30 May
- 11 31 May
- 12 Part primitive in POV-Ray
- 13 Week 2( Export ell )
- 14 1 June
- 15 2 June
- 16 3 June
- 17 4 June
- 18 5 June
- 19 6 June
- 20 7 June
- 21 Week 3( Export arb8 )
- 22 8 June
- 23 9 June
- 24 10 June
- 25 11 June
- 26 12 June
- 27 13 June
- 28 14 June
- 29 15 June
- 30 16 June
- 31 17 June
- 32 18 June
- 33 19 June
- 34 20 June
- 35 21 June
- 36 22 June
- 37 23 June
- 38 24 June
- 39 25 June
- 40 26 June
Name: Gurwinder Singh Bains
IRC Name: Gurwinder
Community Bonding Period work
- Working on Glade and follow some tutorial to get my hand on it.
- Understand some primitives and find a way to export them.
- Start studying about POV-Ray macros.
Week 1( Export Particle )
- Understand particale and take reference from other converters
I understood how the coordinates of vertices of particale are stored. Now I'm working on exporting the vertices and then move on to export into POV-Ray format.
- Pushed one commit to github.
- Export coordinates of Particale successfully.
My ubuntu got crashed so I have to reinstall it. I will be compiling BRL-CAD after that I am on track again.
- Export particale but requires to fix errors.
Today I was busy in my exam. But in evening I got time to export particale.
- Done exporting of Particale primitive.
- Testing it with POV-Ray.
I am now working on linuxcnc. Starts from backslash task for it.
- Working on linuxCNC. Search related to backslash.
- Taking other softwares as refrence.
- Fix some error in POV-Ray export.
- Working on LinuxCNC, taking help from Youtube videos. Discuss with Morley
- Just search about other possible primitives that are not in proposal.
Part primitive in POV-Ray
[ Here] is the screen shoot of how part looks after conversion in POV-Ray
Week 2( Export ell )
- Found where the coordinates are stored.
- Export those coordinates simply.
- Working on other possible primitives( not in proposal ).
- Compare and test the ellipse formed by BRL-CAD and POV-Ray.
- Found some more primitives that I can export.
- Export ellipse.
- Working on rotation of ellipse.
- Was Busy in traveling.
- Just looked into some ways to rotate ellipse.
- Export ell successfully
- Start linuxcnc
- Cloning and Compiling on my new system
- Compile Linuxcnc successfully
- Know how to use it.
Week 3( Export arb8 )
- Start working with arb8
- Export coordinates of arb8
- Export arb8
- Export tgc
- Working on linuxcnc
- Working on Linuxcnc Help pages.
- Was at busy at my college.
- Working on linuxcnc stepconf.
- Working on help button.
- Clean up g-pov code
- Change some settings of Help button of Linuxcnc
- Do code clean up
- Submit my patch
- Rebuild BRL-CAD on my system
- Working on patch
- Remove some errors
- Edit files to compile g-pov correctly
- Was busy at college for some paper work
- Prepare for Patch
- Working on writing output into file
- Writing the code according to coding standard
- Remove some errors and working on output file option.
- Setting file for commit
- Push code on Git repository successfully
- Do some tutorial on Glade
- Checking the help pages for stepconf
- Trying to solve segmentation error
- Communicate with my mentor of BRLCAD.
- Communicate with Linuxcnc member