LibreCAD Kernel Documentation/API Documentation for the usage with other softwares.
LibreCAD kernel is a library to perform 2D operations. Rightnow it supports the basic entities like circle, line, arc, ellipse ( Although can be extended to b-splines, beizer curves ) and the code is built in C++ and Qt. .
It now follows a document based approach and has been designed to be very extensible.
It supports the operations of creating, deleting and trimming of entities. Has an undo-redo stack hence you can do unlimited undos and redos.
Things that are going to be implemented in GSoC are,
- support for moving entities from one position to another.
- Ability to copy entities any number of times.
- Scaling the entities.
- Rotating the entities with respect to some point.
- It will have support for text and dimensioning after the GSoC period.
Directory structure and operations,
Base directory :
It is the base class for all entities and each entity is inherited from this class.
These file contain the class that generates a unique ID for every new entity so created.
These files contains the classes which are metatypes for any entity. For example the pen color, line width, layer of entity.
These are the implementation files of the files in document folder( containing the virtual functions).
contains the following functions,
- begin a process
- commiting a process
- add entity // adds an entity to the layer
- remove entity // removes the entity from the layer
- find by id // Finds the entity by the unique ID specified