User:Foposseleger/GSoC 2014 proposal
- 1 Convert Bot to Pipe GSoC Project Proposal
- 2 Background Information
Convert Bot to Pipe GSoC Project Proposal
Name: Leger Foposse Nyah
I am a first year Post graduate student in Computer Science at the University of Yaounde I, Yaounde Cameroon. From my background in Computer Science at the undergraduate level. I worked on various Java SE/Java EE Projects, implemented a simulation program for an elevator in C/C++ which was used for diagnostic purposes. Also, I wrote a 2D game in C++ as part of my pet projects. I am excited to work this year with BRL-CAD since my cousin worked on this great software last year. I am willing to put in 40+ hours weekly to implement the converter for Bot to Pipe; together with my experience in Maths and Algorithms during my undergraduate years.
- Implemented an Elevator simulation program for diagnostic purposes.
- Implemented a 2D Game(Pet project)
Java(Excellent) J2EE,SE :
- Restaurant management system developed for our University(5000+ Lines)
- Implemented a Binary Search Trees together with associated optimizations and graphical interface to simulate the nodes.( 4000+ lines)
* Implemented a Dental simulation program used for Dentists in our local hospitals. ( J2EE, 10000+ lines)
Convert BOT to PIPE Project
This project seeks to convert the BOT surface primitive to pipe to facilitate the the conversion of the "Bag of triangles" solid to native BRL-CAD geometry.
Detailed Project Description
BRL-CAD uses the “Bag o’ Triangles” (BoT) primitive object for representing triangle mesh objects. BoT primitives are used for importing component positions from other CAD softwares like Pro-E and Cadio. This designs imported during vulnerability analysis use intermediate formats like STL. This is imported to BRL-CAD through the pipe primitve. This project seeks to implement an accurate Bot to pipe converter which eliminates lags in models for line routing.