Development logs for GSoC 2015
Community Bonding Period
- Scrutinizing meteor framework.
- Getting to know more about workflow of OGV.
- Exploring bootstrap.
- Listing possibilities of production ready plan.
- Updating the production ready plan after discussions with Sean.
- Communicate with Shubham to discuss and dug the things deeper.
- I have decided to work with the landing page, the first and the foremost requirement.
- Studied different designing pattern.
- Developed the prototype for the landing page(roughly).
- It would consist of the 4 slides
- Customizing the header as it is less responsive.
- The first slide will be symbolizing that OGV is 3D viewer and introductory part along with the login link to login page. Little confused, with the content what to add more such that user at the first look can identify that it is a 3D viewer.
- Second page would depict the working of OGV.
- Third page confused :-/. What to add?
- Last slide would comprise the important features expressed in interactive manner.
- Footer which contains links to BRL-CAD site / blog / updates etc.
- Where models were shown that was removed from the existing one, instead an icon is created in the header, clicking of which will take us to the models page.
- Reason for doing this is such that on clicking of an icon (OGV) it takes us to the landing page and not models page.
- Make few changes in routes.js according to their functionality.
- Continuing with the creation of the landing page but facing bit problem. This problem is either due to something wrong in routes or CSS. Working on it.
- Problem rising in CSS has been resolved.
- In the landing page, out of four one is complete fully. The page is almost resposive.
- Started with the 2nd slide also, gathering stuff for that.
- The page has been post to my github account, soon will be sending the PR.
- The second slide is also complete of the landing page.
- The slide is fully responsive.
- Gathering ideas and content for the third slide.
- Slide 1 is completed. And it is fully responsive.
- Little enhancement needs to be done in all the pages and as the colour of the slide do not relate to each other so improvements are needed.
- I have added the slide to my github repo. After completing with the third slide I would send a PR and will make the changes as per the reviews.
- Final slide along with footer is also done.
- Modification have been made in colour combination. Not well satisfied. Exploring more for it.
- First slide plus sub-part of first slide is also modified.
- Almost responsive.
- Little change in color combination of landing-page.
- Looking for the cause of invalid error messages that occurs during submit button.
- Before, meteor accept only .jpg file for model image but now user can upload .jpg, .jpeg, .png file for his model that are shown in My Models tab.
- I completed the landing page and sent that for review but sean pointed out mistakes. The detail of which lies on the mailing list.
- According to the reviews given I made the improvement and I got positive review from sean about that.
- Now the most important thing of the concern is the license of the icons that are used in OGV. I'm looking for the other sites that provide the free icons so that no issues are there.
- While uploading the images, when no image was selected it didn't give any kind of error. This could be done through either adding onValid function in file or passing message in throwError. And I used throwError method for that.
- Moving towards the second milestone which is to add the loader.
- Studied the different packages to add the loader.
- Facing problems so I am studying the code and trying to understand it.
These two days I couldn't work much as I am suffering from viral-fever and doctor has strictly told for a bed rest. I concentrated on the loader part. I have tried using Meteor n-progress package for adding the progress bar. It worked but the progress bar is not synchronized with the backend process, the progress bar shows it completed but the backend process is still in progress. Also, I have posted the problem on Mailing List and even Inderpreet is also trying to look for it. Also, I have tried with the waitOn function but no success. Currently I am scrutinizing FSCollection and trying with the similar progress examples and will then apply a Loader. Hope to complete it the soon.
Today I again dealt with the loader but I'm quite disappointed with myself as I'm unable to implement it till now. I looked for circular-progress packages and "tomi:upload-server and tomi:upload-jquery" package. The example of this is working but their is problem in implementation as it uses it own "tomi:upload-server" whenever I use it OGV stop responding due to conflict in the names of the templates. Still working on it. Secondly, I made little improvement in the landing to send the PR.