Annotations: Implement support for 2D annotations, labels that can be added to geometry
The project is divided into two parts:
- Creating a new primitive for annotations
- Rendering the primitives to the wireframe view
Creating a new primitive for annotations
- Annotations comprise of:
- Notes and Labels : Single line or Multiline text
- Leader Lines (includes GD&T)
- The primary goal is to implement simple leader lines, so that we have a basic frame for further amendments.
- Support for view Independent annotations: This is resolved by using a separate coordinate system in two dimensions for the labels. This coordinate system has a direct mapping with the original 3D coordinate system that comprises of the wireframes.
- Coordinate system is nothing but a transformation matrix. This matrix projects all the points in the 3D coordinate system to the 2D coordinate system that will contain the annotations.
- The plan of action comprises of the creation of a new primitive “annotation”. The basic workflow can be related to that of the sketch primitive.
- The annotation primitive will comprise of various parameters that define the labels.
- Here we are aiming for manual annotations. The parameters will be provided by the user through the command line. ”in” followed by various parameters some of which are:
- Text - leader line
- Additional object reference name
Container for annotations