Development Log for Gsoc'21
Community Bonding Period (May 17 - June 6)
- May 17 - May 23
- Made a prototype script to download the User Manual from WikiBooks.
- May 24 - May 31
- Learnt to use cmake and how to execute a .py script using add_custom_command.
- June 1 - June 7
- Went through WikiMedia's rules for using their API. Learnt about the URL-Headers to use while accessing the WikiBooks API.
Coding Period (June 7 - August 16)
- Week - 1 (June 7 - June 13)
- Started with making the .py script
- Implemented function prototypes
- Made function getPage() to download the page given at the url using the WikiMedia API.
- Made function getFooter() to add footer to the HTML pages with proper attribution (CC-BY-SA-3.0).
- Made function cleanSoup() to remove the redundant HTML tags from the pages.
- Made function getUrl() to get clean, formatted URLs.
- Week - 2 (June 14 - June 20)
- Made function getMaths() to download the Math Formulas in the User Manual as SVG Images.
- Made function getTags() to deal with <a> tags and the hrefs.
- Made function getImages() to download the images in the Manual.
- Made a config.yml file for ease of maintenance of the script.