Online Geometry Viewer
Online Geometry Viewer is an online web app, where users can upload, view and share 3D CAD models. They can also host these models online, can like (love) or comment on them. In a nutshell it can be looked at as a social blogging platform for 3D models.
When we built our initial HTML web pages in 90s we din't have an <img> tag. Just a few years back Video was a foreign element added via third party plugins. Today images,videos and audio all have become first class citizens of the web. HTML 5 has introduced many new members to the family. Canvas, WebGL and SVG being few of them. These technologies allow us to manipulate and access 2d and 3d graphics right in the browser. Today we have incredible power in our hands when it comes to handling graphics on web. Even with technologies like WebGL, 3D graphics have not yet become a part of our daily web experience. We believe in OGV as one of those platforms that will make sharing 3D models on the web as normal as sharing videos on youtube or images on flickr.
- Real Time:- Online Geometry Viewer is written using metoerJS which is Real Time by default. Thus if a user comments on your model, it magically gets updated in real time and you can see it without need of any refresh or much delay.
- Authentication & User Profiles
- Email Verification: Users can easily sign up on the website by just filling out a small form but before they can upload anything, they need to verify their email Id otherwise they get an error. For verification an email is sent to user with a link, clicking on this link completes the verification.
- User Roles: There are currently two kinds of users in OGV, admin and normal. By default any user that signs up is a normal user. One admin user with email id (firstname.lastname@example.org) is automatically created during the first start.
- Profile settings: Users can change their name, add a short bio and a profile picture to their profile. These settings are easily available at a url Root_url/settings where Root_url is as you might have guessed the main url where OGV is hosted.
- Uploader: - OGV uses CollectionFS a file handling package available at Atmosphere. Using this package, OGV uploader provides both drag 'n' drop as well as input field for uploading the model files.
- File types supported:- Currently OGV supports only .g file as input for uploader, in future it will support more of them.
- Model Meta:- Each model can have a representative image, that will be shown in model feed. Along with that it can also have a description that can accompany the image. Users can also change name of the model. This editing option is visible to user immediately after user uploads the model.