Welcome to the BRL-CAD Wiki! A wiki is a type of site that allows visitors to directly contribute to the content of a website. The intention of the BRL-CAD Wiki is to get everyone in the community working together on providing the information that everyone needs. The wiki is intended as a place for any documentation, tutorials, support, examples, and other pieces of information that may be of use to others. All are welcome to contribute and anyone may edit most of the wiki pages. With everyone's help, we can make this a tremendous resource for the CAD community.
Don't be shy with your contributions. Give editing a try and be proud of your contributions! If you make a mistake, they're very easy to undo and you don't even need to have an account created. If you do create an account, however, you will be credited with the contribution in the page's history.
So be bold and improve our documentation!
- BRL-CAD FAQ
- MGED FAQ
- MGED Commands
- BRL-CAD Commands
- BRL-CAD Primitives
- Image Gallery
Want to get involved?
- Contributor Quickies
- BRL-CAD Priorities
- Additional Development Ideas
- Code Cleanup
- Continuous Integration
- Compiling with Eclipse
- Compiling with Xcode
- Cutting and Pasting PIX files
- Distributed Rendering
- Spiral: Scripting MGED with Perl
- Shaders: An introduction to shaders.
- DSP (displacement map primitive)
- STEP2G (step-g)
- Google Summer of Code
- ESA Summer of Code in Space
- Developer Documents
- Geometry Service Project
- Pro/ENGINEER to BRL-CAD export plugin
- ISO 103030 STEP Geometry Conversion Support
- Hex - Create threaded metric bolts, nuts, and washers
- Projecto VeRDE - Designing a vehicle for collecting space debris
BRL-CAD Model Repository
- BRL-CAD Model Repository Share your models and get community feedback.
If you are unsure on how to edit or add new pages, see our Help.