Difference between revisions of "Help:Copying"
m (1 revision(s))
Latest revision as of 21:15, 24 April 2008
You can obtain a copy of the help system in this wiki for local use in your own wiki following these steps:
- In a separate browser window, navigate to Special:Export. You will see an open textbox asking you for a list of pages to export.
- Copy the list below and paste it into that textbox. This is a generally useful set, making the resulting help structure in your wiki look almost identical to the one here.
- Make sure the box "Include only the current revision, not the full history" is checked.
- Click the 'Export' button.
- Save the file to your desktop or other convenient location you'll remember.
- Navigate to Special:Import on your wiki. Note that you must be logged in as an Admin/Sysop (or another user with the import right) to do this.
- Browse for the file you saved, and click 'Upload'.
- Navigate to Special:Imagelist
- For each image referenced below, click on the (file) link and save the image to the same location as before.
- Navigate to Special:Upload in your wiki and upload each of the images.
You will probably have to edit some of the pages to fix links, but at least this will provide a starting point.
Also keep in mind that most default wiki installations do not support SVG images. Information about SVG support can be found in the Manual:Image_Administration#SVG page.
Help:Contents Help:Navigation Help:Searching Help:Tracking_changes Help:Editing Help:Editing_pages Help:Starting_a_new_page Help:Formatting Help:Links Help:Talk_pages Help:Categories Help:Images Help:Subpages Help:Templates Help:Tables Help:Variables Help:Managing_files Help:Moving_a_page Help:Redirects Help:Deleting_a_page Help:Preferences Help:Skins Help:Namespaces Help:Range_blocks Help:Interwiki_linking Help:Special pages Help:External searches Help:Patrolled edits Help:User_page Category:Help Template:PD_Help_Page Template:PD Template:Meta Template:Mediawiki Template:Note Template:Admin_tip Template:Prettytable Template:Hl2 Template:Hl3 Template:Thankyou Template:Click Template:Languages Template:Languages/Lang Image:Example.jpg Image:Geographylogo.png Image:PD-icon.svg Image:PD-Help icon.png Image:Wikimedia-logo.svg Image:Tools.svg Image:M-en-sidebar.png Image:M-en-userlinks.png Image:M-en-pagetabs.png Image:M-en-recentchanges.png Image:M-en-interwiki lang.png
If you use pywikipedia, there is a script to automate the copying at http://mediawiki-tools.cvs.sourceforge.net/mediawiki-tools/pywikipedia/mirrorhelp.py, which copies all pages in the help namespace along with templates and images directly referenced by those.