Google Summer of Code/2012
- 1 Getting started
- 2 Additional Information
- 3 Accepted Proposals
- 3.1 Voxelize Command
- 3.2 Visualizing Constructive Solid Geometry (CSG)
- 3.3 Code Refactoring for Reduced Maintenance Cost
- 3.4 Trimmed NURBS Tesselation
- 3.5 Benchmark Performance Database
- 3.6 Implicit to NURBS Conversion
- 3.7 Package Library Extensions
- 3.8 Volume and Centroid Functions for Primitives
- 3.9 Non-Vacuum Gravity Simulator
- 3.10 Cross-platform 3D Display Manager
BRL-CAD IS PARTICIPATING as a mentoring organization in the 2012 Google Summer of Code!
Students were encouraged to collaborate with the developers on formulating projects, selecting from a detailed list of project suggestions from our Project Ideas page. Student applications for GSoC were accepted at http://socghop.appspot.com from March 26th until April 6th.
- Summary: Create a command that converts solid geometry into a volumetric representation format.
- Student: Anurag Murty
- Dev Log: http://brlcad.org/wiki/User:Anuragmurty#Development_Log
Visualizing Constructive Solid Geometry (CSG)
- Summary: Create an interactive GUI showing the structure of geometry, visualizing its directed acyclic graph.
- Student: Cristina Precup
- Dev Log: http://brlcad.org/wiki/User:Cprecup/GSoC2012_progress
Code Refactoring for Reduced Maintenance Cost
- Summary: Reduce, reuse, recycle. Leaner and meaner code.
- Student: Ksenija Slivko
- Dev Log: http://brlcad.org/wiki/User:Ksuzee/Reports
Trimmed NURBS Tesselation
- Summary: Convert NURBS surface geometry into polygonal meshes for fast visualization.
- Student: Laijiren
- Dev Log: http://brlcad.org/wiki/User:Plussai/GSoC_2012_log
Benchmark Performance Database
- Summary: Create a website around the BRL-CAD Benchmark Suite
- Student: Suryajith Chillara
- Dev Log: http://brlcad.org/wiki/User:Stattrav/GSoC2012_log
Implicit to NURBS Conversion
- Summary: Helping BRL-CAD become more of a hybrid modeling system with better visualization.
- Student: Wu Jianbang
- Dev Log: http://brlcad.org/wiki/User:Phoenix/GSoc2012/Reports
Package Library Extensions
- Summary: Improving BRL-CAD's networking library, one of the oldest and most robust around.
- Student: Andrei Popescu
- Dev Log: FIXME
Volume and Centroid Functions for Primitives
- Summary: Directly and exactly calculate basic mathematical properties for our 3D primitives.
- Student: Chris Dueck
- Dev Log: http://brlcad.org/wiki/User:Crdueck/log
Non-Vacuum Gravity Simulator
- Summary: Improving current simulation functions to be more accurate and take account of more factors.
- Student: Alex Taylor
- Dev Log: http://brlcad.org/wiki/User:Al_Da_Best/devlog
Cross-platform 3D Display Manager
- Summary: Developing a cross platform 3D Display Manager for BRL-CAD
- Student: Mesut Oezdogan
- Dev Log: http://brlcad.org/wiki/User:Mesut/Reports