Google Code In/2017/Tasks
Dashboard for Ideas for the Google Code In 2017
- Coder (C/C++)
These require absolutely no prior experience or knowledge.
- Anyone: Download and run BRL-CAD (via VM), submit screenshot
- Anyone: Communications checklist: chat, mailing list, survey
- Coder: Compile BRL-CAD from source, submit screenshot
- Web Coder: Clone BRL-CAD website or OGV, submit screenshot
- Modeler: Model a cup, submit model
- Writer: Blog about any task, submit link
- Annotate a primitive: Submit screenshot
Task chain ideas
These would take us more than 2 hours, to be broken up into multiple tasks.
- C: OpenCL pipelining
- Qt/C++: openscad-style asc-to-display GUI
- C: Boolean evaluation debugging
- ThreeJS/Verb: OGV Nurbs
- C: Layer object callbacks
- C: Annotation object callbacks
- C/C++: libbu C++11 threading
- C/C++: primitive unit tests (ProcDBs)
- Docbook/XML: primitive guide
- Qt/C++: New visualization GUI
- C: point cloud object callbacks
- C/C++: appleseed integration
- C: Boolean weaving unit tests
- Docs: geometry URI specification
- C: image object callbacks
- C: libged plugin refactoring
- Qt/C++: geometry viewer
- Docbook/XML: datum docs
- HTML/CSS: website integration
- C: Centroid/Volume/Surf_area
Independent task ideas
These should take one of us 2-4 hours of effort to complete.
- Model and render the number "404"
- Model and render the word "BRL-CAD"
- Model and render the BRL-CAD logo