Geometry Service Project Main
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Geometry Service Project (GS) is the internal name for a project under development that aims to restructure the geometry management services within BRL-CAD and provide a new user interface. More specifically, the restructuring aims to leverage an object-oriented design and encapsulate much of the existing functionality in BRL-CAD through three C++ interfaces.|
The Geometry Service consists of three major pieces
- Geometry Engine: The Geometry Engine(GE) is a stateless library built on top of the existing BRL-CAD Libraries: libbu, libbn, libdm, libged, librt, etc. The GE contains all geometric processing functions to include Format Converters, Tessilation, and image processors.
- Geometry Service: The Geometry Service(GS) is an application that expands on the functionality of the Geometry Engine (GE) by adding Multi-user Communications and Session Management, Access Controls, Multithread capabilities and SVN utilities.
- "New" GUI Project: Currently nicknamed "G3D", it is a standalone client that provides visualization of geometry and captures user input. G3D is designed to be connected to a Geometry Service over the network via the Geometry Service Network (GSNet) Protocol.
|User Pages||Developer Pages|
- The Geometry Service will be written in C/C++ to allow runtime-extensibility and reuse of code in future projects.
- The Geometry Service leverages the proven and stable functionalities in BRL-CAD's libraries and binaries.
- The Geometry Service provides an easy to use and extensible network protocol (GSNet Protocol) for interacting with a running Geometry Server.
- The Geometry Engine provides a clean and easy to use API for BRL-CAD's libraries and binaries.
- Each of the three major pieces will be stand-alone products