GS Requirements Standard
Revision as of 07:41, 28 May 2008 by Dloman77 (New page: ---- =Notes on requirements= *The aim of user requirements capture is to produce an overall System Requirements Model, one use at a time. This formalizes the client needs and establishes ...)
Notes on requirements
- The aim of user requirements capture is to produce an overall System Requirements Model, one use at a time. This formalizes the client needs and establishes a list of mandates. All design implementation and testing models are generated from these requirements.
- The requirements model must be readable by all parties, aka, written in terms that the client can understand. However, the requirements must contain sufficient detail to facilitate:
- The developer's use of it to analyze and design the system.
- Testers use to generate tests.
- Documenters use to write user and system documentation.
- Requirements must be gathered and refined iteratively by discussion among developers and clients.
- The goal is to produce a list of requirements where each requirement precisely identifies a single function. If a requirement seems too general or broad scoped, then break it down into smaller requirements.
- During the process of identifying Requirements, new Actors and new Use Cases will become appearent.
- Provide a means to transport internal messages to other GS based applications.