year is 2019
Before Bonding Period
- Create a Simple Qt Ui for a CAD software (no functionalities)
- Built from sources and run
- Learnt some Tcl/Tk
- Studied a CoreInterfaces
- Studied and made modifications to RT^3 Qt project
- Completed the Checklist https://brlcad.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code/Checklist
May 27 - May 31
- I am trying to understand how things are happening in BRL-CAD. Things aren't very easily understandable. So I am doing things like breaking and studying the function call stack to understand what happens underneath. I need to do this because I believe I should implement displaying of geometry first since the existing thing in RT^3 project (ray tracing) is not sufficient even for development.
- Now understand how different DMs display Vlists using OpenGL or Window system methods.
- I'm studying Vlist creation.
- Vlist obtained for a single solid in RT^3 project
- Added QOpenGLWidget to the application. Line creation is not straight-forward like in the earlier OpenGL version which existing OpenGL DMs use in BRL-CAD. glBegin and glEnd are have been deprecated and now removed in QOpenGLWidget. Studying the new method.
- Added the deprecated component QGLWidget instead of QOpenGLWidget since the later doesn't support the methods used in BRL-CAD.
- Studied OpenGL API
- Implemented displaying an object on the QGLWidget using wireframes
- Experimented with some keyboard controls to move around in the scene