GS Dev Requirements
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Geometry Service Requirements
- Geometry versioning: revision history of geometry changes such as who did what to the model and for which analysis, when changes were made, by whom, etc.
- Direct association of stored geometry with external data
- Multi-user access controls that allow multiple people to work on the same models at the same time
- Programmable access-controlled interface that utilizes reuseable code for consistent end-to-end access to geometric data.
- Dynamic geometry
- Geometry articulation and editing constraints
- Unified repository of geometry in one storage location.
- Reuse of identical geometry parts (single instancing).
- Improved/advanced collaboration.
- Thin Client
- Any Language
- Communicates with Geometry Engine via GS Protocol
- Gui Interface
- GS Dev Thin Client Requirements
- Geometry Engine
- Geometry Management (via SVN)
- Geometry Conversion, Import, Export
- Communications with external Geometry Engines
- Communications with external Geometry Repositories
- Communications with any other application that implements the GS Protocol
- GS Dev Geometry Engine Requirements
Thin Clients connected to Geometry Services, each running on independent physical machines, but connected to a 'headless' Geometry Service. The 'headless' geometry service also serves other enterprise level applications.