- Name: Suraj
- IRC nick: SurajDadral
- GitHub profile: https://github.com/SurajDadral
Brief Background Information
I am B.Tech. (2nd year), Computer Science student of Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, India. Practiced in writing code in C/C++, Python and used Git, Qt, Django, Make, Jekyll and PySide.
I solved an issue with Rebar Addon and here is merged PR: https://github.com/amrit3701/FreeCAD-Reinforcement/pull/11
I worked on GeoData workbench of FreeCAD and added support for links from popular maps to import OSM (OpenStreetMap) using core functionality of GeoData workbench.
Related discussion: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27803
Project Title: Automate Reinforcement Process in FreeCAD
Brief Project Summary
My project is to automate Reinforcement process by using Rebar Addon in FreeCAD. The idea is to create UI and functions on top of the current implementation to combine different types of Rebars in a single Dialog Box as per the user requirements. For example, combine Stirrups and Rebars (different types of rebars) in case of Beam Reinforcement.
Detailed Project Description
Current Scenario in FreeCAD
1. There is no provision to create straight rebars in a circular column as discussed here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22760&start=230#p186507
2. To create Reinforcement in a single Beam or Column, user needs to do a lot of work like creating Stirrups, Rebars and perform all calculations involved manually.
3. If user decides to make changes in any parameter of Beam/Column Reinforcement like Cover of Stirrup, he/she needs to manually adjust Cover and Spacing of all Rebars provided. Doing so manually needs efforts never less than applying Reinforcement from Scratch and involves lots of calculations. And obviously, there are going to be number of Beams/Columns in a building and no one wants to apply Reinforcement to all Beams/Columns manually. So, this is a very time consuming task.
Example: You can see below how the things went wrong after modifying covering of Stirrup.
Example: In case of Beam Reinforcement
1. To create reinforcement in a Beam, user has to do following steps:
I. Select face of the beam and create stirrups.
II. To create rebars, first user needs to select one of the face, perpendicular to previously selected face and then calculate ‘Front Cover’ and ‘Top/Bottom Cover’ based on the values of Rounding and Top/Bottom/Left/Right Cover of the stirrups. And this should be done for all four sides. And this will produce single layered Reinforcement in Beam as follow:
2. To create multi-layered Reinforcement in a Beam, user needs to do following steps:
I. Create Reinforcement as discussed above.
II. Create Spacer Reinforcement for new layer. While creating this, user needs to perform calculations to adjust cover and spacing of Spacer Rebars.
III. Create Rebars of new layer:
IV. Now to create each new layer of Reinforcement, user needs to repeat Step II and III and perform all calculations manually.