Difference between revisions of "User:Konrado DJ/GSoc2015/logs"

From BRL-CAD
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(28 MAY 2015)
(29 MAY 2015)
Line 42: Line 42:
 
- I would makeup for lost time today and yesterday by putting in more hours the following days
 
- I would makeup for lost time today and yesterday by putting in more hours the following days
  
Time put in 3hours
+
Time put in 3 hours
 +
 
 +
 
 +
===30 MAY 2015===
 +
 
 +
- Made progress with debugging and just realised that issues (SIGSEGV) are as a result of improper casting and thus poor memory allocation.
 +
 
 +
- I spent alot of time today working on the issues but have not yet full resolved it.
 +
 
 +
Time put in 6 hours

Revision as of 18:33, 30 May 2015

GSoC 2015 development logs

Community Bonding Period

I have began this period by going through and adhering to the BRL-CAD Summer of Code/Checklist

- Working on replacing the FreeWRL dependency on automake to cmake and generate a shared library from src/lib of the FreeWRL source code.

Coding Period

25 MAY 2015

- Resolving linking issues with shared library generated from src/lib of the FreeWRL source code.

- Resolving FreeWRL X3D parser dependence on libxml(may need to set compilation as optional in order not to break the BRLCAD build process)


26 MAY 2015

- Trying to finalize work on shared library generation from src/lib of the FreeWRL source code.

- Still working on resolving issues with shared library


27 MAY 2015

- Finished generating shared library

- Studying the FreeWRL thread implementation

28 MAY 2015

- Still studying the FreeWRL thread implementation to resolve issues

- Testing functionality of the shared library

- I was not able to do much work today due to lack of electricity through out the day

Time put in 3hours

29 MAY 2015

- Doing more research on the FreeWRL thread implementation to resolve issues

- Futher testing functionality of the shared library (writing code to parse input file)

- As a GDGBuea organiser, I spend most of the day hosting the Google I/O with other organisers for the GDGBuea community

- I would makeup for lost time today and yesterday by putting in more hours the following days

Time put in 3 hours


30 MAY 2015

- Made progress with debugging and just realised that issues (SIGSEGV) are as a result of improper casting and thus poor memory allocation.

- I spent alot of time today working on the issues but have not yet full resolved it.

Time put in 6 hours