Difference between revisions of "User:Inderpreet/GSoC14/logs"
(→logs for 31st May)
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
Completed the new file uploader, and added it into main code. Looking into rendering part and routers.
Completed the new file uploader , and added it into main code. Looking into rendering part and routers
Revision as of 03:22, 1 June 2014
Community Bonding Period
- Explored various options regarding nodejs and non-node frameworks.
- Learnt basics of development with meteor, using templating engines etc.
- Also looked into alternative framework Expressjs.
- Discussed with mentors about the choice of framework.
- Packaged three.js for meteor.
- Ran a simple OBJLoader example in meteor.
19th May Worked on Authentication Module in meteor, wrote LogIn, Registeration, Forgot Password and Reset password form templates.
20th May Completed the views and helpers for the templates and Added validations to the forms, modified the directory structure and read Hacking file again and made edits to my code accordingly. Pushed the code to github https://github.com/inderpreetsingh/OGV-meteor. Forgot-password form is now able to send the mails but stuck at an error regarding Reset-Password template.
21st May Reset-Password error solved, Authentication is complete now, Started looking into file upload. Tried a package called dropzone.js. Published my three.js package https://atmospherejs.com/package/ogv-threejs.
22nd May Worked on File Upload module, tried various file upload packages. At last settled for packaged named formidable from npm.
23rd May Having done the first milestone, today I explored other frameworks and read more about the technologies involved. Did some work in expressJS.
24th May Uptil now, I was dealing with file uploader in a separate app, today I ported file uploader to OGV. Now we can upload files in OGV, currently any files can be uploaded but will soon change that so that it only accepts .g files.
26th May The ported file uploader started facing errors, mostly regarding styles. I was unable to apply global bootstrap. I couldn't work much due to some power issues at my home.
27th May Today, I improved my earlier file-uploader by removing the dependency from formidable and directly use the 'fs' package. As I have time, I am still giving Collection-FS a try, so that I don't miss out on anything useful.
28th May Read about meteor collections, started working on file manager.
29th May I was unable to work, due to some urgent work at home. Will make up for by working more in coming time.
30th May Completed the new file uploader (except validations), and added it into main code. Looking into rendering part and routers.
- Added Basic router file.
- Each user will now have it's own folder and uploaded files go there.
- Added more comments in the code.
- Implemented the file extension check, now only .obj files can be uploaded (will restrict that to .g files when I deal with g-obj conversion)
- A bit stuck on how to pass errors from server to client via meteor.