Difference between revisions of "User:Gurwinder Singh/GSoc15/log development"
|(14 intermediate revisions by 8 users not shown)|
|Line 199:||Line 199:|
* Done upto 30 excersises and do some examples.
* Done upto 30 excersises and do some examples.
* Busy in admission work.
* Busy in admission work.
Latest revision as of 23:18, 26 August 2015
- 1 Project Details
- 2 Community Bonding Period work
- 3 Coding Period
- 4 Week 1( Export Part )
- 5 Part primitive in POV-Ray
- 6 Week 2( Export ell )
- 7 Ell primitive in POV-Ray
- 8 Week 3( Export arb8 )
- 9 Arb8 primitive in POV-Ray
- 10 Week 4( Export tgc )
- 11 Tgc primitive in POV-Ray
- 12 Week 5
- 13 Pre-midterm Evaluation Summary
- 14 Mid Term Evaluation Week
Name: Gurwinder Singh Bains
IRC Name: Gurwinder
Community Bonding Period work
- Working on Glade and follow some tutorial to get my hand on it.
- Understand some primitives and find a way to export them.
- Start studying about POV-Ray macros.
- Understand particale and take reference from other converters
I understood how the coordinates of vertices of particale are stored. Now I'm working on exporting the vertices and then move on to export into POV-Ray format.
- Pushed one commit to github.
- Export coordinates of Particale successfully.
My ubuntu got crashed so I have to reinstall it. I will be compiling BRL-CAD after that I am on track again.
- Export particale but requires to fix errors.
Today I was busy in my exam. But in evening I got time to export particale.
- Done exporting of Particale primitive.
- Testing it with POV-Ray.
I am now working on linuxcnc. Starts from backslash task for it.
- Working on linuxCNC. Search related to backslash.
- Taking other softwares as refrence.
- Fix some error in POV-Ray export.
- Working on LinuxCNC, taking help from Youtube videos. Discuss with Morley
- Just search about other possible primitives that are not in proposal.
Part primitive in POV-Ray
Here is the screen shoot of how part looks after conversion in POV-Ray
- Found where the coordinates are stored.
- Export those coordinates simply.
- Working on other possible primitives( not in proposal ).
- Compare and test the ellipse formed by BRL-CAD and POV-Ray.
- Found some more primitives that I can export.
- Export ellipse.
- Working on rotation of ellipse.
- Was Busy in traveling.
- Just looked into some ways to rotate ellipse.
- Export ell successfully
- Start linuxcnc
- Cloning and Compiling on my new system
- Compile Linuxcnc successfully
- Know how to use it.
Ell primitive in POV-Ray
Here is the screen shoot of how ell looks after conversion in POV-Ray
- Start working with arb8
- Export coordinates of arb8
- Export arb8
- Export tgc
- Working on linuxcnc
- Working on Linuxcnc Help pages.
- Was at busy at my college.
- Working on linuxcnc stepconf.
- Working on help button.
- Clean up g-pov code
Arb8 primitive in POV-Ray
Here is the screen shoot of how arb8 looks after conversion in POV-Ray
- Clean up tgc code
- Remove error from exporting into POV-Ray
- Change some settings of Help button of Linuxcnc
- Do code clean up
- Submit my patch
- Rebuild BRL-CAD on my system
- Working on patch
- Remove some errors
- Edit files to compile g-pov correctly
- Was busy at college for some paper work
- Prepare for Patch
- Working on writing output into file
Tgc primitive in POV-Ray
Here is the screen shoot of how tgc looks after conversion in POV-Ray
- Writing the code according to coding standard
- Remove some errors and working on output file option.
- Setting file for commit
- Push code on Git repository successfully
- Do some tutorial on Glade
- Checking the help pages for stepconf
- Trying to solve segmentation error
- Communicate with my mentor of BRLCAD.
- Communicate with Linuxcnc member
Pre-midterm Evaluation Summary
I have started my GSOC with part primitive. Its easy for me to export coordinates of part. Then I export part into POV-Ray by using Round_Cone2 object. In next week it started exporting Ell. I found it difficult as I was not able to rotate ellipse but in last I export ell into POV-Ray by using spheroid object. In week third, I was working on arb8. Its harder for me to export. So I discussed it with POV-Ray community and finally I wrote a macro and I was able to export arb8 successfully. In 4th week, I export tgc successfully. In last week, I clean up code and submit POV-Ray converter as a patch. I was also working on Linuxcnc in these pre-midterm days. I wrote stepconf help pages that will be used while user click on help button of stepconf of linuxcnc.
Mid Term Evaluation Week
- Do nothing
- Just search about python for linuxcnc
- Started python from youtube tutorials.
- Set Log of pre-mid term time period.
- Do first chapter: Intro of Python.
- Start following the book
- Complete 10 Exercises of Book Learn Python by Hard Way.
- Start doing next exercise.
2 July - 3 July
- Done upto 17 exercises of Learn Python by Hard Way.
- Done 24 excercises of Learn Python by Hard Way.
7 July - 8 July
- Done upto 30 excersises and do some examples.
- Busy in admission work.
8 July - 9 July
- Do some excersises on python.
- Busy in admission paper completition.
- Completed basics of python.
- Done 43 excerssises on python
- Test Glade with python.
- Make my older changer in work
- Prepare for exam.
- Discuss on next work with my mentor
- Search about rhc and rpc
- Successfully export rhc coordinates
- Working on rhc to export it in POV-Ray
- Making a macro for rhc my using equations in POV-Ray
- Successfully export coordinates of rpc, epa, ehy
- Working on rhc and rpc export.
- Make half macro in working condition of elliptical torus.
- Elliptical torus is working.
- Working on its major and minor axis of its ellipse.
22 July - 23 July
- Busy at college, submit papers.
- Work on torus's minor and major axis.
- Working on rhc and rpc.
25 July - 27 July
- Communitcation with my mentor.
- Write down primitives on BRL-CAD wiki page brlcad.org/wiki/Povray.
- Export coordinates of Half.
- Export Half successfully.
- Working on pipe.
29 July - 31 July
- Working on PIPE primitive.
- Pipe is formed in povray but not with bend radius.
- Pipe is formed difference of cones.
3 Aug - 4 Aug
- Working on ARBN.
- Exported it successfully
- Working on EHY and EPA.
- Use quadratic equations of POV-Ray for it.
- Exported EPA and EHY successfully.
7 Aug - 10 Aug
- Successfully exported BOT.
- Working on RPC, RHC, extrud and sketch.
9 Aug - 12 Aug
- Feeling sick.
- RPC is working well, going to export.
13 Aug - 16 Aug
- Export RPC and RHC.
- Export data of Extrude.
- Test mear about half of primitives.
- Due to bad health not able to do much. Going to test all the remaining primitives.
- Soft Pencil Down
- Start performing test on different primitives.
18 Aug - 21 Aug
- Modify BoT primitives.
- Test BoT primitive and its working well.
- Conversation with Mentor on Documentation.
- Start documentation.
I have exported many other peimitives into POV-Ray. After mid term evaluation I discussed with my mentor about linuxCNC project. Due to lack of knowledge about linuxcnc machines and motivation we decided to move with POV-Ray export project. So I started exporting primitives into POV-Ray. I was feeling difficult to choose between primitive so I discussed it with my mentor. He gave me a list by which I was able to work in order. I have exported many primitives as listed below RHC, RPC, EPA, EHY, ARBN, Half, ELL1, ELLg. One of these primitive is BoT which required some modification. I was in difficulty in exporting it but after spending time on it I was able to export it successfully and now its working correctly. I also exported HRT primitive in POV-Ray but its not similar to heart. But I'm very thankful to my mentor who gave me a chance to increase my skills and motivation to do work with proper methods as I never expected that I will able to export these given primitives in proposal opn time but thanks to mentor and God who motivate me to work and I was able to export more primitives along with those given in proposal.