Difference between revisions of "MGED CMD nmg collapse"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Latest revision as of 00:41, 4 January 2010
- nmg_collapse old_nmg_shape new_nmg_shape maximum_error_dist [minimum_angle]
- Valid BRL-CAD NMG Primitive
- Name for new NMG Primitive
- Max Error value used for edge deletion.
- Minimum edge angle value used for edge deletion.
- No Return Values for this command.
The "nmg_collapse" command simplifies an existing nmg_shape by a process of edge decimation. Each edge in the old_nmg_shape is considered; if it can be deleted without creating an error greater than the specified maximum_error_dist, then that edge is deleted. If a minimum_angle is specified (degrees), then the edge will not be deleted if it would create a triangle with an angle less than minimum_angle. The resulting shape is saved in new_nmg_shape. The old_nmg_shape must have been triangulated previous to using the nmg_collpase command. The resulting shape consists of all triangular faces.
- mged> nmg_collapse nmg_old nmg_new 1.0 10.0
- Decimate edges in nmg_old to produce an NMG with an error no greater than 1.0 units. The process will not create any triangles with an angle less than 10˚. The new NMG shape will be named nmg_new.
Page Generated by David Loman on: 10/11/2007 at: 1:54:28 PM