MGED CMD dbconcat
- dbconcat [database_file prefix | -s/-p database_file]
- Database file to be concatenated with the existing BRL-CAD file
- Prefix added to each imported filename
- Forces a computer generated Suffix when necessary.
- Forces a computer generated Prefix when necessary.
- No Return Values for this command.
The "dbconcat" command concatenates an existing BRL-CAD database to the database currently being edited. If a prefix is supplied, then all objects from the database_file will have prefix added to the beginning of their names. Note that each BRL-CAD object must have a unique name, so care must be taken not to "dbconcat" a database that has objects with names the same as objects in the current database. The dup command may be used to check for duplicate names. If the dup command finds duplicate names, use the prefix option to both the dup and dbconcat commands to find a prefix that produces no duplicates. If duplicate names are encountered during the "dbconcat" process, computer-generated prefixes will be added to the object names coming from the database_file (but member names appearing in combinations will not be modified, so this is a dangerous practice and should be avoided).
The second form also concatenates an existing BRL-CAD database to the database currently being edited; however, no prefix is required. If the -s option is specified,then a computer-generated suffix is added wherever required to ensure unique object names. Similarly, the -p option will create computer-generated prefixes where needed. If a name in the existing database does not conflict with names in the database currently being edited, that name will not be changed. Member names appearing in combinations in the existing database will be modified if needed
- mged> dbconcat model_two.g two_
- Copy all the objects in model_two.g to the current database, but prefix the name of every object copied with the string two_.
- mged> dbconcat -s model_two.g
- Copy all the objects in model_two.g to the current database, adding computer-generated suffixes as required.
Page Generated by David Loman on: 10/11/2007 at: 12:22:57 PM