MGED CMD db glob
- dbbinary [-o|-i pattern type] dest source
- -i for input -o for output
- currently, only 'u' is supported
- data format
- destination object or file
- source file or object
- No Return Values for this command.
The "dbbinary" command is used to create or retrieve binary opaque objects. One of -i or -o must be specified. The -o option "outputs" or extracts a binary object from the database object source to a file called dest. The -i option "inputs" or imports a file called source into a binary object called dest in the database. There are two additional arguments that must be specified with the -i option: pattern and type. Currently, only uniform binary objects (arrays of values) are supported. As a result, the pattern is always u for "uniform" pattern. The type can be one of the following: f -> float d -> double c -> char (8 bit) s -> short (16 bit) i -> int (32 bit) l -> long (64 bit) C -> unsigned char (8 bit) S -> unsigned short (16 bit) I -> unsigned int (32 bit) L -> unsigned long (64 bit)
- mged> dbbinary -i -u c cmds /usr/brlcad/html/manuals/mged/mged_cmds
- Create an opaque uniform binary object of characters with the name cmds that contains the contents of the file /usr/brlcad/html/manuals/mged/mged_cmds.
- mged> dbbinary -o /home/jim/cmds cmds
- the contents of the binary object named cmds into the file named /home/jim/cmds
- No related commands.
Page Generated by David Loman on: 10/11/2007 at: 12:22:42 PM