Google Summer of Code/2012
BRL-CAD IS PARTICIPATING as a mentoring organization in the 2012 Google Summer of Code!
Students were encouraged to collaborate with the developers on formulating projects, selecting from a detailed list of project suggestions from our Project Ideas page. Student applications for GSoC were accepted at http://socghop.appspot.com from March 26th until April 6th.
- Summary: Create a command that converts solid geometry into a volumetric representation format.
- Student: Anurag Murty
Visualizing Constructive Solid Geometry (CSG)
- Summary: Create an interactive GUI showing the structure of geometry, visualizing its directed acyclic graph.
- Student: Cristina Precup
Code Refactoring for Reduced Maintenance Cost
- Summary: Reduce, reuse, recycle. Leaner and meaner code.
- Student: Ksenija Slivko
Trimmed NURBS Tesselation
- Summary: Convert NURBS surface geometry into polygonal meshes for fast visualization.
- Student: Laijiren
Benchmark Performance Database
- Summary: Create a website around the BRL-CAD Benchmark Suite
- Student: Suryajith Chillara