Google Code In
TODO: This page needs to have basic information about what the program is, that we participated in 2012, and that we are applying to participate in 2013.
Google Code-in is a contest run by Google with a goal of encouraging young (13 to 17 years old) students to participate in open source. Since 2010, Google Code-in has been introducing pre-university students from around the globe to various open source communities. The format of participating in Google Code-in is as follows:
- BRL-CAD will create a list of tasks for students to work upon. Each task will have a mentor associated with it.
- A student picks a task from the list and he/she is assigned a deadline.
- While a task is claimed no other student can work on that task.
- After completion of task it's ready to be reviewed by mentor.
- Based on the performance of the student mentor may approve, disapprove or extend the deadline for the task.
BRL-CAD was one of the three selected communities in the year 2012. This year we are again applying for the event.