For BRL-CAD's fourth year participating in the Google Summer of Code, we expanded our involvement and accepted a record 11 students. Predominantly evaluated on the student's ability to develop, communicate, and interact, their proposals were selected from among more than 50 received as exceptional candidate developers for BRL-CAD. A categorized summary of this year's projects follows.
Code refactoring & cleanup
- Ksenija Slivko: source code reduction
- Anoop Malav: image processing infrastructure
- Andrei Popescu: networking library infrastructure
Hybrid modeling support
- Anurag Murty: voxelize geometry
- Laijiren: tessellate NURBS (to polygonal mesh)
- Chris Dueck: volume and centroid extensions
- Wu Jianbang: Dual-representation (Implicit & NURBS) infrastructure
- Mesut Oezdogan: portable GUI infrastructure
- Suryajith Chillara: BRL-CAD Benchmark website
- Cristina Precup: visualizing construction hierarchies
- Alex Taylor: physical simulation infrastructure
See our GSoC 2012 page for additional details on the students, development logs for tracking their individual progress, and their summary project pages.